Matamata, New Zealand
We are looking to hire a talented digital designer to join our fast paced team at Mata Digital. In your role, you will work on all things digital & design, from designing new client brands through to designing and implementing websites for clients.
You will deal with multiple clients on a day to day basis, providing an industry leading experience to clients to enable the creation of awesome digital experiences.
Our customers are at the centre of everything you do, and providing a great customer experience is critical.
- Designing brands
- Brand support products (e.g print materials)
- Wireframing and design of new websites
- Design and implementation of modern websites
- WordPress site management (e.g making changes to existing sites for customers)
- Shopify Sites
- Rocketspark Sites
- Interacting and managing with technical teams within our business(s) to ensure that the job gets done
- Becoming the main point of contact for clients you manage
- Providing a great customer experience, every time (we mentioned that already – but it is a key part!)
- Managing project budgets, and ensuring work done is on budget and on time
- Providing day to day support to clients
- Providing support to other business units for internal projects
This role is suited to someone who has great digital experience. For example – you will be the type of person who can work independtly, and solve technical problems by yourself (e.g using tools, and resources avaiable to you to solve them).
- A bachelors degree or higher in design (at least 3 years of study)
- At least 1 years paid experience in working on digital platforms (e.g WordPress, Shopify, or similar)
- 2-3 years experience working in a role of an internal designer for an organisation, or 1 year in a similar business to Mata Digital
- A portfolio that will make our design team impressed (i.e. if your portfolio is 10 years old from sites made in Wix, then this is not what we are looking for)
- 3 years experience working in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator. Must understand print production (e.g bleeds, trim marks etc).
- Great written & verbal english skills (i.e. you can send a professional email without grammatical or spelling errors)
NOT ESSENTIAL, BUT GREAT IF YOU:
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- 3-5 years of experience working in WordPress
- 3-5 years of experience working in Shopify
- Can explain the difference between colour types (Pantone, CYMK, RGB, web colours etc)
- Have experience in designing HTML5 Google Display Ads (e.g animations, various display ad types)
- If you want to have a confidential chat to learn more about this role, feel free to call Tim (company director) on 027 310 3623. Feel free to leave a message if he doesn’t answer, he is in meetings sometimes!
- Ideally the candidate would re-locate or live close to Matamata.
- Windows or Mac – you can choose what you use within our business.
- We love 40 hour work weeks, that is, trying to not exceed 40 hours. This is part of our core values, and reflects the fact that we know that you will get your best work done within 40 hours. We don’t like tech companies that make staff work 60 hours weeks – not cool!
- Flexible working – you maybe able to work from home 1-3 days per week, once training is completed (this normally would take 6 months). This can be discussed in interviews in more detail.
- Don’t send a CV through that has links in it that are not clickable, or selectable. Applications that have this will be discarded automatically.
- Check your links before you submit them. If you are linking to a portfolio website, then make sure it works. If you are linking to your LinkedIn, then make sure this works (crazy we would have to say this, right?!)
- If you have any crazy restraints of trade in your current employment, or a long notice period (e.g 2 months), let us know. This is fine – but we like to know about this up front.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU APPLY:
Your application may be pre-screened by our HR team. This is to check things such as that your CV clearly lists the requirements above, and that you are eligible to work in New Zealand. If you are not – then please do not apply for this role.
Once pre-screening of your application has been completed, it will then be reviewed by one of our team. If we like what we see, we will email you for an interview. The first interview is normally a phone call (unless you live close by), and then if that goes well, we will invite you for an in-person interview at our offices. We can’t wait to meet you!